Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot GP12 1x15" combo Broken

Rover77

Hi, hope someone can help. I have a problem with my Trace Elliot GP12 1x15 combo. Its the old style 90's version (series 7?)
Was playing my new G&L through it and I think I flicked the active switch on the Bass, the Amp was on passive setting and I think this caused it to blow! It seemed to short out, panel went blank no sound.
Don't know why this should have blown the amp as I've frequently used my Hohner and gone active without it causing a problem.
Anyway the mains power works, but it won't turn on at the front- no lights come on and there is no sound. I can't see any fuse panel on the amp. Anyone have any ideas what I've done? Can I fix this myself or I am going have to lug it to a repair man? If the latter anyone got anyone they'd recommend in South London?
Appreciate any thoughts or advice
Cheers

Is it the GP12-X? If so i had one, there's a known issue of the luminescent pannel stopping to work and sometimes causing sound to go away. If you're lucky it's just a case of an unplugged er... plug?!! that might have come off, just open it and check if the wire is still attached to the pannels plug.

Hopefully that'll sort it out, if not then you may need to take it to a tech.

• 2 weeks later...