Why become a member? ×

What's on your Wal? ...Tone EQ settings

An0intd

Hey guys, I'm new to Basschat! What originally brought me here was a need for feedback from Wal owners. I live in the US and there aren't many of us over here as there are overseas. I've checked high and low and have yet to find any pages anywhere about fav settings and EQ settings (trim pots as well) in general for Wals. There was a Dudepit page once upon a time, but the old Dudepit forum was completely wiped off of the web so I can't go back there. Anybody want to share their experiences?

My fav setting currently is:
B: 6-pulled
T: 8-down
BT: favoring "B" by one and 1/2 notches
P.attack: off
:) great growly and ballsy rock tone on a fretless!
God bless!!! Ricky

Without wishing to turn you away onto another site, you can find the Wal forum at badassbassplayers.com. Don't know whether or not they have posted the eq settings again though.

I don't really have a favourite setting for my Wal tone controls at the moment, but I do quite like B: 2-Pulled T:10 pulled and BT in the middle for a nice "scooped" slap tone.

Again welcome, and in no way turning you away - as another Wal man - but there is also the Yahoo Group [url="http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/walbassesnaturally/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1"]HERE[/url] if I have got the link right.

There are quite a few Wal bods floating about here so pull up a chair & grab a beer - but not the [i]special ones[/i] in the salad tray at the bottom of the fridge, they're mine :)

My settings (when I am not being unfaithful to the old girl) tend to be
B: 10 - down
T: 8 - down
BT: favoring "B" about halfway between both & B
P.attack: off
V - 5 with the radio, full up with the lead.