Why become a member? ×

Sue Ryder Precision (with electronics upgrades)

Ben Jamin

Reluctantly up for sale is my Sue Ryder bass, in red/rosewood. If you haven't heard of Sue Ryder basses before then, well, where have you been!? Take a look on Basschat/Google them and you'll find plenty of praise for these amazing instruments. This is the keep-at-home bass which I use for practise/writing when my Warwick's out and about, it's my back-up bass for when my Warwick's not out and about and it's... well... just... I love it and typing this hurts. However, GAS has taken over and I find myself in need of some new bass gear to compliment my 'proper gigging' rig (my Warwick never has any issues so the only thing Sue gets to do at gigs is sit in her case).

Anyway onto Sue, in more specific Basschat details, it's in pretty mint condition - a couple of tiny marks - more little finish blemishes - just being honest. But no dings (whatever that term really means) or any such thing. I replaced the standard pick-up/electronics with a second-hand Seymour Duncan SP-2 and a Precision wiring 'upgrade kit' from AxesRUs which consists of CTS pots and such. With a solid alder body and a pretty high-mass string-through bridge it sounds pretty darn sweet. On the SD tonechart the pick-up has the following reponse:

Bass: 5
Mid: 6
Treble: 5

Punchy.
(But I have the original stuff in-case you want to change it back for some reason)

Oh, and the tuners are great too. Haven't tuned in a couple of weeks of daily playing and she's still there. :)

For all of this I'm looking for a mere £100ono + postage - looking for money really, but always open to trades, they never hurt anyone.

Apologies for the phone pictures, I don't have a camera to hand at the moment, but if requested I could get hold of one :)

Cheers for looking,
Ben

Edited by Ben Jamin

Always wanted one to feel smug about.

<desperately looks around for something to trade>

Akai Unibass, boxed, generates a 3rd and/or a 5th above your tone, separate output so you can feed it through an fx box (reverb, echo, fuzz etc) then pipe it into a guitar amp for a perfect-tracking accompaniment to your bass line - basically a rhythm guitar in a box. Cost me £150 or thereabouts (I'd need to look it up). Swapsie?

Failing that... er... Aphex bass xciter? The stompbox version.

Er... monkey tennis?