Why become a member? ×

Fender American Std / Jon Shuker Active Jazz Bass in Lake Placid Blue

peteb

I am thinking of moving on my Fender Am Std Jazz, which has been worked on extensively by Jon Shuker. My brief to Jon was to make it the best bass it could possibly be and now it sports Seymour Duncan Basslines pickups, an active Seymour Duncan circuit and a Schaller 2000 bridge as well as having quite a lot of work done dressing the frets, etc.

It is in extremely good condition, the only dink I can find on it is a tiny one just below the tone controls (see photos). I didn’t even realise that it was there until I inspected the bass this morning!

This is a very cool looking unique bass that plays and sounds great. You get the quality and playability of a Shuker with the looks, feel and cache of an American Fender. Don’t underestimate that last point – there is someone on this forum at the moment that is looking for a bass player who stipulates that they [b]must[/b] play a Fender, nothing else will do! That may be a bit dumb, but is not uncommon – when I was playing a lot of blues gigs last year, the band leader always preferred it when I pulled this bass out of the bag rather than my excellent Mayones Jazz. Much as he would deny it, the main reason was that it had Fender on the headstock!

This probably won’t appeal to a Fender purist, but I think that it might suit someone who is looking for a jazz bass but something a bit different, maybe an American Deluxe with knobs on or is torn between a Shuker super jazz and a Fender and wants the best of both worlds.

I’m pricing it at [b]£850[/b] plus shipping to anywhere in the UK (which is quite a fair bit less than I have spent on it). PayPal welcome if you pay the charges. The only reason I am selling is that I now have too many jazz basses and would like something a little different. However, I do still gig this bass and I’m not that desperate to sell, so I won’t be accepting any silly offers.

Cheers – Pete

Edited by peteb