Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compact (early spec) + Roqsolid cover: ***SOLD***

Etienne

[b]***NOW SOLD***[/b]

Hi everyone,

I have two of these fine cabs, which seems a bit greedy really, so I'm putting this one up for sale... :D

I bought this brand-new from Alex Claber back in 2009, when Barefaced Bass was still a one-man business- it has done countless gigs with me since, and has never once let me down, nor failed to sound great! As it's an early-spec hand-built model, it's a bit heavier than the current CNC design (but still stupidly light though), has black plastic corner protectors (rather than chrome metal corners) and didn't originally come fitted with any rubber feet either. I have since added a set of chunky heavy-duty feet on the side opposite the handle, which do a fine job, epecially when transporting it with the cover on. I also have a spare matching plastic corner that I had lying around, which I'll throw in... :)
The cover itself is made by Roqsolid, and is in used but good condition- it's done a great job of protecting the cab's finish over the years, and is a nice snug fit too.
As you can see from the photos, I have removed the badge, as my preference was to stack my two Compacts sideways, and I thought it looked more 'stealth' that way! Don't worry though, I still have the badge in a safe place, and will include it in the sale.

I'd say the cab itself is 8.5/10 cosmetically- I've always been pretty careful when transporting it, but over time the odd minor ding here and there is inevitable. However, the finish means that you can easily touch up any scrapes and make it look good as new- to be honest, I'm very impressed with how durable the painted finish has been since I've owned it!

Needless to say, it works perfectly, and sounds fantastic (I miked it up with my Walkabout head and used it to record my band's forthcoming single only a few weeks ago). It's a regular gigger's dream, and I'm hoping that whoever buys this will get as much enjoyment out of it as I have!

I'm looking for [size=5][b]£370 [/b][/size]for this, including UK shipping and careful packing.

I will accept [size=5][b]£350[/b][size=4] if the buyer collects it from my flat in Liverpool city centre.[/size][/size]

No offers please!

PM me if interested... thanks for looking!

Edited by Etienne

Hi Paul, hope you're well! I don't have any scales to hand, but I'm reliably informed that this cab is around 14KGs, give or take (the current version is 12KGs). Like I said, it's still stupidly light- I still get kicks out of watching bandmates picking it up and nearly hitting themselves in the face with it, ha ha!

Edited by Etienne