Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** FS/FT Sandberg JM4 / TM4 4 string active

fretmeister

I am selling / trading my Sandberg JM4/TM4.

I got it from Heather (BassMaiden) and these are her photos. There have been no changes on the bass.

It can run active or passive and when in passive mode the Treble control turns into an old fashioned tone knob. The humbucker is a bit further back than on a 'ray but it does a good impression, and in single coil mode it does a lovely back pickup Jazz bark.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here is Heather's original sale thread[/font][/color]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/168592-sandberg-california-jm4-custom-finish/page__hl__sandberg%20jm4"]http://basschat.co.u..._sandberg%20jm4[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a custom finish so the new price was a wopping £1800, but obviously I don't think paint is worth that much. The finish is amazing - it is silver over blue, so when you get close to it, the pattern in the silver is blue![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I did agree with her used value of £900 though - as I traded a mint Bongo 5HH for it in a straight swap.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So I'd be looking to get back about the same value.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I haven't gigged it at all and I know Heather played it only in her church band. The condition is unchanged from the pics. It comes with a very nice Sandberg gig bag. It's currently strung with a pretty new set of D'addario Nickels 45-105 and the action is mentally low. I think even if you just dropped to 40-100 you'd need to tweak the truss rod![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No rattles, dings, nothing.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The only thing that seems to affect Sandbergs is the barrel jack socket - it's fine with a regular cable but it doesn't like the Neutrik Pop-free solenoid jacks that have a push in collar on them. Another invention that didn't need inventing that I still bought[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm selling because my ancient, modified and brutalised Status Energy from about 1993 is still my main bass despite my efforts to spend money on other instruments.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So I'm looking for a sale at about £900 or a trade of something of equivalent value, or less with some cash my way. It comes with a very nice Sandberg gig bag.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm more interested in trades for amps than more basses, but you never know, so ask![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Collection preferred (near J16 on the M1 - Northants) but I can box and ship too.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]cheers[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Paul.[/font][/color]

Edited by fretmeister