Why become a member? ×

Tune 4-string Bass £ ... SOLD ...

eubassix

This is a high quality & interesting (rare?) bass which has, unfortunately, experienced some neck (truss-rod) problems.
I'd not seen one of this configuration before (twin DiM' style HB's . active EQ B+T and pickup selector switch, split bridge etc.) with a very attractive ash - maple (rosewood f/board) / amber finish... so was really disappointed to discover that the truss-rod nut had sheared at the top (beneath the cover) so that the somewhat U-shaped neck could not be adjusted back. I have managed to replace (personally) the truss rod and the action is now 'OK' and the bass playable (which it wasn't before) although there is still a slight up-bow in the neck (which seems stable). the truss rod might tighten a bit further but I didn't wan't to push it. Otherwise the bass is reall nice in terms of finish etc. and the pickups/electronics are fine. Would certainly make a good starter or 2nd/standby instrument, or could be further restored with either expertise, or ££ (or both). I did think of having it done professionally bu didn't feel it to be viable/sensible. Also thought of replacing the neck (still an option) as the pocket is pretty much std. J or P size.

£ SOLD !! Edited by eubassix