Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliott GP12XV classic valve preamp £250, SOLD subject to usual

whatever

Trace Elliott GP12XV classic valve preamp £250. 90s pre-Gibson, this is in effect, the front end of the Trace Hexa Valve amplifier. It comes in a stainless steel 2u rack mount (detachable ears).

Front panel:
Active and passive inputs
Input gain pot with traffic lights signal level
Noise reduction i/o
switchable 12 band Graphic eq
Graphic pre-shape i/o
graphic level fader
xlr balanced out with pre/post switch
effects loop send/return.
line in / out
phones out
output level pot
On/off switch

Rear panel:
kettle socket
T250mA fuse
ground lift switch
crossover frequency pot for bi-amping 250Hz to 1kHz
Line outs: highpass, low pass, full range
Line input
fx send / return
footswitch

I have had one of these for about 15 years and have used it mainly for DIing when recording. It gives a bass great clarity and warmth. However, the one for sale here belonged to my friend who bought it from Holland a couple of years ago to use in his studio. At some stage it had been slightly modified with some additional outputs, but it was serviced and put back to it’s original state by Dave Gascoigne of Rosewell Amplifiers ([url="http://www.rosewell-amps.co.uk"]http://www.rosewell-amps.co.uk[/url]). The only signs of the mods are on the rear panel - two blanking grommets and a 6mm hole waiting for a blank. Apart from these, the cosmetic condition is good for the age - one of the rack ears has a slight dint and there is some insulating plastic on the bottom to isolate it from the next bit of rack gear. This could easily be removed. The electronic condition is first rate. I’ve played through it and it’s hum-free and delivers a classic British tone.

My friend died last year and I’m selling this for is widow. If i didn’t have one already I’d certainly buy it. If anyone wants to try it, I’m in Wakefield - you’re welcome.

Edited by whatever