Why become a member? ×

For Sale/Trade: Musicman Stingray 5 Fretless - TRADED

lowregisterhead

For sale is a bass I've hardly used in the last 10 years, but I've been unwilling to part with. The sad fact is I don't play it, and to be honest I wasn't much good on fretless when I did! I bought it from Paul Turner (Jamiroquai etc) with a lined neck, which I changed for a plain fingerboard, I used it on a couple of tours, and it's been in its case pretty much ever since.

Not sure how to date it precisely, but it's likely mid-90's, and the serial number is 538xx. It's in excellent condition, with only two tiny marks - one surface mark on the underside, and a dink on the back of the lower horn, shown in the photos. There's also very slight marking on the fingerboard, again show in the pics. Paul told me he had used it on a Take That album, but hopefully that won't lower the price any! :lol:

It comes with a Musicman fitted case in good condition, just a little dusty on the outside from storage in the spare room, but I'll give it a clean...

Trade options are fairly limited - fretted Stingray 5's or Lakland 5's, basically! I'll also consider 35" scale 5's as a straight swap or with cash my way. What have you got? The sale price is [s]£950[/s] £900 plus shipping, or can be collected from near junction 10 of the M25.

Dave

NOW TRADED FOR AN ALMOST IDENTICAL FRETTED ONE - THANKS !

Edited by lowregisterhead