Why become a member? ×

Fender upgraded MIM Jazz FS - sold

Graham

Up for grabs is my Sunburst Mexican Fender Jazz. I bought this in, I think, 2007 and it was my workhorse for a good few years before I came to the conclusion that I really am more of a Precision kind of guy.

In that time I swapped the stock pickups out for Fender Originals, these are great sounding pups and Fender fit them as standard on their American '62 re-issue and Geddy Lee sig - I love the earthing strap, really gives it that 60s look.

To add to the 60s vibe I replaced the white pickguard with a tiger-eye tortoiseshell one - this was a third party rather than Fender so isn't a perfect fit - as you can see from the pic, but if you're standing any more than about half a metre away you'd never see the gap. I think I know where the original pickups and scratch-plate are and if I can find them they'll be included in the sale if the buyer wants them.

There is a ding on the bottom side near the jack from where it decided to jump out of the strap one evening. This is cosmetic only, no structural problems from it - it never bothered me as I like the genuinely road-worn look and isn't very visible.

No trades thanks guys as I'm raising funds to get Jon Shuker to build me the Precision of my dreams :)

£375.00 ONO

I don't have a hard case for this, so would definitely prefer collection but if you want me to ship it, get in contact and we can talk.

Let me know if you want any more information or pictures from any other angles, thanks for looking

Edited by Graham