Why become a member? ×

Cabr a '65 Selmer Treble and Bass head

surfguy13

Had some good advice from forum members re using this head for bass rather than guitar as I have been doing for 35+ years.

I'm looking for a decent quality cab (secondhand) to use with the T&B but have no idea at all what might/might not work. I'm a guitarist. There are so many speaker configurations and sizes, to say nothing of cabs, that it's a bit of a minefield. The T&B is a valve head BTW.

Any advice as to what might be a good option would be very much appreciated. I'm using an old early 70s EB3 and will not be gigging with it, simply using it at home in a garage converted into a rehearsal room. I really like the deep bottom end I get with the EB3 but also like the clarity I get with the bridge pickup too so ideally a cab that can offer a bit of both.

Thanks guys and hope this isn't too much of a loaded question?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1345214224' post='1775104']
Big sealed cab is the trad thing. What sort of budget? Does at home mean needs to be small and tidy, or cab be big and heavy because won't need moving? Is it the 50 or 100w one?
[/quote]

Right, very good questions! It's a 50 watt head. It matters not at all what the cab looks like or what size it is. I have a dedicated rehearsal room that is only used for that purpose. However, I use the bass for recording my own stuff, writing etc - I won't be gigging it.....ever! I'm a guitarist!!!! :)

I guess I'd prefer not to have a monstrous cab as I already have a 4x12 and a couple of oversized 2x12s as well as a couple of AC30 sized combos in there.

Budget - trying to keep it as low as possible but really don't want anything crappy. Prefer to pay a bit more for something that sounds decent. From looking around it seems that bass cabs have a tendency to be maybe a little cheaper than guitar cabs but I really have no idea what format I should go for....single 15", 2x10", 4x10" etc etc