Why become a member? ×

BASSIST W/ VOCALS WANTED FOR CRUISE

elsharko

Hi our band The Fuse need a great all round bassist for a Carib cruise beginning 2013. Lead vocals and BVs required.
The wage is approx $1800pm and it is for a very prestigeous luxury cruise line.
Much the same craic as my previous ad... have a look through for the kind of person we're looking for.
Cheers

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/179450-bassist-with-leadharmony-vocals-for-booked-cruise/

[b]Hiya, Id be very interested in taking this on I have a wealth of live experience good stage pressence, bags of ability and an ear for harmonies usually Bvs but Ive taken lead vocals on one or two songs before, I never over play unless that needed and take direction and critique very well too and have always concidered myself easy to work with. Currently have a contract pending in dubai but looking for new opportunities in 2013. I play all styles cheedar, bree and edam. If you need any promo or additional info let me know cheers :D [/b]

[quote name='Jay Jones' timestamp='1344694916' post='1768092']
[b]Hiya, Id be very interested in taking this on I have a wealth of live experience good stage pressence, bags of ability and an ear for harmonies usually Bvs but Ive taken lead vocals on one or two songs before, I never over play unless that needed and take direction and critique very well too and have always concidered myself easy to work with. Currently have a contract pending in dubai but looking for new opportunities in 2013. I play all styles cheedar, bree and edam. If you need any promo or additional info let me know cheers :D [/b]
[/quote]

Yes mate, sounds great... please send any promo links you have

[email protected]

[quote name='jeffe' timestamp='1345100014' post='1773420']
1800 dollars is less than 1200 pounds a month you are asking for a great bass player with lead vocals for this position; good luck to you! When you pay peanuts you generally get monkeys,
[/quote]

Well its not me paying, its the company and thats the general rate for such things, and many a great musician does it. You also get your flights paid for and your board, excellend 24hr food and use of all the facilities, free tours around all the great places you get to visit and alot of free time. Crew prices on all the drinks and duty free shops etc. Use of the companys backline, no setting up or breaking down gear, pro sound guys and techs. No travelling (apart from being on a ship of course) Alot of great musicians who play one nighters at home work alot harder and often struggle for steady work. Ive done both and Im an accomplished guitarist vocalist and I enjoy working these contracts, as do the rest of the band. Anyway going by the response we've had there are plently of options for us, we have 2 full days of auditions coming up of the best players who have applied. If you make more than that playing full time Jeffe then good for you... dont apply. :-)

Anyway Im lowballing the figure, theres still a negotiation... chances are itll be more than that.

Thanks for all who applied, keep em coming if youre interested. :-)

[quote name='elsharko' timestamp='1344607938' post='1767086']
Hi our band The Fuse need a great all round bassist for a Carib cruise beginning 2013. Lead vocals and BVs required.
The wage is approx $1800pm and it is for a very prestigeous luxury cruise line.
Much the same craic as my previous ad... have a look through for the kind of person we're looking for.
Cheers

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/179450-bassist-with-leadharmony-vocals-for-booked-cruise/"]http://basschat.co.u...-booked-cruise/[/url]
[/quote] Hi,i am interested in this contract.I have experience because i have been working for 8 years at MANO CRUISES from Israel.I am available at any time because the contract i took for this year was canceled because the ship had some technical problems.i can sing any kind of music and also i can do backing vocal.If you need more info please let me know.I can also send you a video in wich i am performing with the band in one of the cruises

[quote name='dorian 64' timestamp='1345197619' post='1774782']
Hi,i am interested in this contract.I have experience because i have been working for 8 years at MANO CRUISES from Israel.I am available at any time because the contract i took for this year was canceled because the ship had some technical problems.i can sing any kind of music and also i can do backing vocal.If you need more info please let me know.I can also send you a video in wich i am performing with the band in one of the cruises
[/quote]

Sounds great man... send any video links to [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='elsharko' timestamp='1345121610' post='1773809']
Well its not me paying, its the company and thats the general rate for such things, and many a great musician does it. You also get your flights paid for and your board, excellend 24hr food and use of all the facilities, free tours around all the great places you get to visit and alot of free time. Crew prices on all the drinks and duty free shops etc. Use of the companys backline, no setting up or breaking down gear, pro sound guys and techs. No travelling (apart from being on a ship of course) Alot of great musicians who play one nighters at home work alot harder and often struggle for steady work. Ive done both and Im an accomplished guitarist vocalist and I enjoy working these contracts, as do the rest of the band. Anyway going by the response we've had there are plently of options for us, we have 2 full days of auditions coming up of the best players who have applied. If you make more than that playing full time Jeffe then good for you... dont apply. :-)

Anyway Im lowballing the figure, theres still a negotiation... chances are itll be more than that.

Thanks for all who applied, keep em coming if youre interested. :-)
[/quote]

Burn!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to apply please!
I have not cruised before but have done similar dry-land contracts with UK holiday centres and hotels etc. and have worked Europe with a couple of past bands. I'm at the wrong end of my 40s though....I'd be happy to grow my hair in time, say "Cool" quite a lot and stuff? seriously though, I'm lookin' pretty good for and old git and am fit and healthy (ish!) if there is any bendability on age range.

I'm a full-time musician so commitment is no issue....she'd be more annoyed if I didn't earn any money next year!

any chance?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...