Why become a member? ×

Steve Soar - Top Guy!

Bass Culture

Just wanted to give a big thumb's up to Steve after he recently completed some maintenance and upgrade work on my Les Evans custom fretless. The jobs included changing the bridge, reshielding the control cavity and checking the wiring on my preamp, and setting the bass up afterwards. The quality of his work is excellent and the bass is sounding as good as it ever has. Not only was he very reasonably priced but he even arranged delivery of the bass back to me when he was finished - courtesy of his lovely wife, Alison. I would have no hesitation in going back to Steve for any jobs in relation to any of my basses and can thoroughly recommend him. Thanks, Steve - and Alison!

Mark

[quote name='Bass Culture' post='187277' date='Apr 28 2008, 03:05 PM']Just wanted to give a big thumb's up to Steve after he recently completed some maintenance and upgrade work on my Les Evans custom fretless. The jobs included changing the bridge, reshielding the control cavity and checking the wiring on my preamp, and setting the bass up afterwards. The quality of his work is excellent and the bass is sounding as good as it ever has. Not only was he very reasonably priced but he even arranged delivery of the bass back to me when he was finished - courtesy of his lovely wife, Alison. I would have no hesitation in going back to Steve for any jobs in relation to any of my basses and can thoroughly recommend him. Thanks, Steve - and Alison!

Mark[/quote]Hi Mark, Wow! Thank you so much. It was a pleasure.
BTW, what turntable do you have? :)
Cheers Steve.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='187477' date='Apr 28 2008, 07:12 PM']Hi Mark, Wow! Thank you so much. It was a pleasure.
BTW, what turntable do you have? :)
Cheers Steve.[/quote]

Rega P5, Steve, with off board power supply. It'll keep me going quite happily until I win the lottery!

Project Classic in Cherry with Ortofon cart. I used to have an Ariston A8?, the one that Linn based the LP12 on.
Someone I know is selling a Townshend Rock with a Linn arm but the bearings a knackered. I phoned Max T to see about a rebuild but it was quite pricey.
I'd like a Roksan Xerxes X with all the trimmings. :)
But if I won the lottery, I mean the big one, I'd have a DCS CD player, Clearaudio Master Reference turntable, with Koetsu cartridge, Bryston, Mark Levinson, McIntosh or Krell amps, Wilson Alexandria speakers with solid silver speaker cables and interconnects. All built into a concrete and steel reinforced, subterrainian listening room, acoustically corrected. All fitted by the Audio Salon, over seen by John Crabbe and Ken Kessler. Obviously that would be next door to my recording studio. :huh:

Edited by steve-soar