Why become a member? ×

Hercules GSP38WB Wall Hanger

overwater#1

I am thinking about getting a Hercules GSP38WB Wall Hanger for my wall.

I am just curious to know your thoughts on these.

I have used a Hercules stand before, and it was fine, but would you trust their wall hanger with your bass, if fitted to the wall correctly.
They seem string, and my Overwater 6 does fit. I wont be leaving it on their all the time, just whilst im having a practice session, and need to leave it for a bit.

Thoughts anyway please.. :)

Many thanks! Matt

Hi Matt,

I use/ have used the wall hangers for both my Overwater's and have had no problems.

I wouldn't worry about using them as they are well made an more than capable of holding the weight of you Progress 6. However, as you have a weighty bass I'd recommend ditching the supplied screws and depending on the version you get (mine don't have the wooden block) fit a wall plate if used on a stud wall - I used a surplus piece of mahogany. This distributes the weight across 2 or 3 studs (wooden uprights) and helps a lot if you're not that good at hitting the studs dead centre.

If screwing in to brick/ stone and plaster work get the appropriate plugs, and or fixings.

You have a heavy bass.... just screw it well .. ummmm :)

Stu

Awesome, cheers!

Thanks Stu! Yeah I bought one today, seems good quality. I think its more than likely it'l be getting screwed, nice and hard, into some brick, so no worries about the wall coming in. It came with some roll plugs too.
Whats wrong with the supplied screws? Where could I get some that are of higher quality than supplied? I'd of thought b&q and so on, would be similar. Glad you chimed in anyway, you know how heavy my bass is. :)

Cheers!! Matt

It depends which one you got, the screws that came with the one on the wooden block i thought were pretty decent, but if you bought the one attached to the metal mounting the screws are really short, too short to go into a wall. With that one i used some long screws to screw a block of wood to the wall, then used the short screws to screw the metal plate to the wooden block. Safe as houses.

EDIT: in fact you can just see what i did in the photo. On the right is the one with the block that came with it, on the left is the home made block :) (wow, could i get any more boring?)

Edited by budget bassist

Thanks very much for the detailed responses. The shop I bought it from only had the ones with the wooden block on the back, so il just fit that to the wall. I might use longer screws then, and I have loads of longer roll plugs.

Should be good!

Thanks again guys, its just im always bloody careful when it comes to my bass!!! :)

Cheers, Matt