Why become a member? ×

F/S: TOBIAS KILLER B 4-STRING RED - ACTIVE BARTOLINI - JUST SERVICED & SETUP

theforevertest

Hi all

For sale is my Gibson-built Tobias Killer B 4-string bass. Really nice bass... very light with a lovely thin neck, very playable and great tone.

Specs:

- Swamp ash body with translucent red gloss finish
- 5-piece asymmetrical maple neck
- Pau Ferro fingerboard
- Black chrome hardware
- Grover tuners
- ABM bridge
- Arch-top active Bartolini pickups
- Active Bartolini pre-amp with 3-way EQ
- Mid cut/boost switch
- 34" scale
- 24 frets
- Push/pull volume pot for slap tone
- BRAND NEW handmade black corian nut

Just had it serviced and setup by Almuse in Grantham (and when I say "just" I mean I picked it up from the tech lastnight). The receipt for this will be included with the bass.

Here's what I had done:

- Full setup
- New mid cut/boost switch
- Couple of saddle screws/springs
- New nut as specified above (original was ivory coloured but I specced a black replacement and it looks awesome)

The bass comes with an excellent Tobias padded gig bag.

Bad bits:

- Couple of scratches around the body, very minor, I've pictured the worst
- Very light buckle rash

You will see from the pictures that the bass EQ knob is missing. The actuator and potentiometer are fine, it's just the knob that's missing. I cannot source an exact replacement so I will be replacing all the knobs with new MXR knobs prior to sale.

Shame this has to go as it provides respite from the weight of my Warwick! However I need the money to upgrade my rig and I can't justify having an expensive backup (or so the Mrs says).

I'm looking for [s][b]£500[/b][/s] [b]£450[/b] no offers. Was around £1500 new, last used one to go on here was £750 (a 5-string) so I think the price is more than fair.

You're welcome to view the bass before making an offer but please be aware I do not have an amp at home you'll be able to plug into (mine is kept at our studio). I am in Lincolnshire.

Please message with any offers/enquiries/questions.

I will pack for courier shipping if requested by the buyer, but the courier charges are the buyer's responsibility. As it does not come with a hard case I'd wouldn't recommend having it shipped. I'd prefer face-to-face collection but that's the buyer's call.

It's also going on eBay, please do me a favour and buy it through here to save me the fees!

Cheers

Mark

Edited by theforevertest