Why become a member? ×

Crybaby - no trimpot?

blitz

Hello all,

Just dug my crybaby 105 q out of storage for a play around and soon remembered why I'd thrown it into storage in the first place - the effect delay.

I'm sure you all know about the second or so of delay in returning to an unfiltered signal. Anyway, doing a bit of reading online and I saw that there's supposed to be a brown trimpot inside to turn off the delay like this [url="http://media.photobucket.com/image/crybaby%20105q%20trim%20pot%20delay/bob6k/DSC01488.jpg"]http://media.photobu...6k/DSC01488.jpg[/url]

Anywho, I opened it up and lo and behold... no trimpot. Apparently mine is one of the earlier ones which doesn't have it.

This delay makes the pedal pretty much unusable for me. Anyone know of an easy way to adjust the delay or is this destined to be going to the for sale section? :)

Hope this is the right forum section please move it if I made a mistake!

Thanks.

Ohhhh. I have a big issue with the delay going back to a clean signal with mine, I was considering looking for an alternative and didn't think to check to see if it was adjustable inside.

I'll be pulling mine apart tonight to see if it's got a trimpot. Will let you know if I have any luck.

Just opened mine up and there's no brown trimpot inside to turn, however, there is a white one. Going by the photo you linked, it looks like the right one, labelled TP4. Is this different to your one then?

[attachment=113474:photo.JPG]

I've spent the last half hour playing with that pot on mine, sure enough, that's where the delay is set. I found with it turned all the to the right (clockwise with the way I've photographed it), there was no delay at all. When I took my foot off the pedal, I had my clean signal back instantly. Well chuffed I found out about this, it really has been doing my head in.

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1342635528' post='1738468']
I've spent the last half hour playing with that pot on mine, sure enough, that's where the delay is set. I found with it turned all the to the right (clockwise with the way I've photographed it), there was no delay at all. When I took my foot off the pedal, I had my clean signal back instantly. Well chuffed I found out about this, it really has been doing my head in.
[/quote]

Fair dues lad. I was looking for a battery to go have a fiddle with mine (giggidy :o ) as I didnt fancy pulling apart the pedalboard.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the responses - glad it sorted out the issue for someone :)

Unfortunately mine doesn't have those trimpots. I bought it ages ago in a teenage fit of trying to be cool or something!

So looks like I'm stuck with the delay and it's prob going on sale.

Why they decided to put this delay in is another matter seeing as everyone I've talked to hates it... but that's another topic ;)

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1342655725' post='1738966']
Just got a reply from Dunlop tech support. Turning the pot counter clockwise decreases the delay and clockwise increases it.
[/quote]

That's weird, turning mine all the way clockwise turned off the delay on mine :/