Why become a member? ×

NCD: Streamliner + EBS Proline 410 = Nicely

tonyf

A trip over to marksduk's bass "emporium" in Stratford-Upon-Avon on Sunday morning with an empty car saw me return to Chez Tonyf with a new cab.

The new addition of a EBS Proline 410 with go with my recently aquired Genz Benz Streamliner 900.

I'd used EBS Prolines in the past having had a rig consisting of a HD350 with 410 and 115 cabs. Whilst more than happy with this, I'd got rid of it in favour of a much lighter weight TC Electronics setup. Whilst this new setup was really good, I still missed the "special something" that I'd had in the EBS setup.

Having tried a Streamliner a few months ago and being blown away by it, I had a sudden head-rush of GAS and brought one. I made a decision to keep my TC RS212 and RS210 cabs as they sounded really good with the Streamliner and gave me the option of a "modular" rig ie doing smaller gigs with a single cab, bigger gigs with both.

However, whilst portable, the RS cabs are still a reasonable weight each and not a single hand carry. This means a double trip to the car on each load-in and de-rig. The bone-idle side of me has realised that I'm happy to sacrifice a bit of weight for the convenience of a single trip.

More importantly, the power handling, sensitivity (103db) and impedance (4 ohm) of the Proline mean it's a fantastic single cab solution with the Streamliner.

Not gigged with it yet but I'm really happy so far with the setup. The rig sounds huge, the cab is deep, ultra punchy and articulate but able to detail the warmth and colour from the slight crunch and breakup from valves in the preamp. Lovely.

Re: the TC cabs, I'm still gonna keep the RS210 I think as the "small gig" cab.

[attachment=112684:rig of doom.jpg]
[attachment=112686:head and cab full.jpg]
[attachment=112685:head and cab closeup.jpg]