Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Status Shark 5 string Fretless

Shaker

[size=4]I am selling my Status Shark 5 string fretless. I haven't had a gig in 3 years where I have needed to use it...playing almost entirely DB now.

I have had it since 2005, and I believe it is a couple of years older than that. Currently strung with D’Addario Nickel 50-135s, it sings and has ‘mwah’ in abundance:)

All stock, but I don't think many were made in this configuration. Unlined board, two soapbar pickups and 9v active circuitry (stepped volume, blend with centre detent and treble and bass cut/boost with centre detent).

The bass plays beautifully (low action, slight relief) and balances well, is clean with no issues and comes with a rectangular moulded Gator Case.

Not looking for trades. Local collection welcome

£360 plus P&P

Shaker

[attachment=112228:Shark.JPG][/size]

Edited by Shaker

Thanks for the post. If it was fretted I probably wouldn't be selling it. :) These Sharks are greatly (criminally?) underrated.

So, to summarise, this is a high quality 5 string fretless bass, along with a hard case for £360 plus postage (and I may take an offer on that for a nailed down deal :)) from a well regarded British Bass builder...looks like a bargain to me.

Shaker