Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA7000 Head Help

nobby1dog

Hi Bass people,
I was wondering if you guys could help me. I have the above head and run it through Hartke XL range 4 x10 and 1 x 15. I dint have nuch time for load practise (using small units for band practise). On the front of my amp there is contour(low Pass High Pass), Cross over (Frequency and Balance). I run the 4 x 10 through the high output and 1 x 15 through the low output. Could anyone suggest some settings to start me off. I know that settings are personel but i would appreciate a heads up.
Also i run my ptube pre amp on full, does this effect the level of the DI out ? I have found that everytime i connect via the DI it sends too much signal to the Desk (red lined). Can any one help?

Thanks in advance

Graham

Gear
Harke HA 7000 head
Cabs - 4 x 10 and 1 x 15 XL

Effects - Sansamp Driver, Boss Limiter, Ashdown Compressor, Boss Driver

Basses - Fender Jazz, Ibanez RD 878 LE, Kramer Forum II, Yamaha TRS 5 String

I have the same setup minus the 115. However I do sometimes add a 115 at our rehershal room. I always avoid the bi-amp mode and run it in mono (this disables the bi-amp so no need to mess with the crossover ) so as both the cabs are getting the same signal. Although i can still balance it with the balance knob to get an even volume from both cabs. Personally I don't see the point in sending highs to one cab and lows to another if both cabs are full range. This method would work better if you were sending the highs to specifically designed cab for highs only.

I pretty much keep my preamp settings at 1 o'clock for the valve pre and 11 o'clock for the SS pre. I find this gives a nice mix
As for the rest of the settings I usually keep it all flat, sometimes boosting slightly at around the 250hz on the graphic. Occasionally I turn the low contour up a bit if it's sounding a bit too thin.

As Lozz says above, start with it all flat and tweak it as needed.
One thing I always find is that when I'm using the amp at low volumes in the house, I am constantly tweaking it to get a nice sound. However, when at higher volume playing with the band I just turn it up to the required volume and leave it all flat and it sounds great.

Hope this helps
David

Edited by jumbo

[i]in bi-amp mode,you`ll probably need to bias the balance towards the lower frequency cab ,as they normally will require more power than the highs.........................................this will also depend on where you position your crossover point..................when you get it right ,it will sound very `hi fi` like....................for more cut and poke,full range is the way........[/i]

[i]just my opinion..... hope this helps[/i]

[i]regards[/i]