Why become a member? ×

Bass Tutor NW London: A Recommendation

Grand Puba

After completing the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17892"]So how did you learn to play?[/url] poll, I decided to add the details of the excellent tutor I have been seeing.

I will let his words tell the story...

[quote][b]THE TEACHING:[/b]
I have very broad experience and interests, and so am able to teach a wide range of styles – classical, jazz, pop, rock and folk. You can go through an existent course book, but many people prefer a course which is based on pieces which they choose.

[b]EXAMINATIONS:[/b]
You do not have to take exams - I always advise people to play what they like playing. But as an experienced Examiner, I can prepare you well, if you wish or need to take an exam.

[b]WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING ?:[/b]
You can bring your own instrument or one will be provided. This is also true of amplification. I provide all music, unless I advise you otherwise (this can happen when the cost of a book or piece of music is high).

[b]RESOURCES:[/b]
I have all the resources here – guitars, music, CD player, recording gear. I can help you create an arrangement and make your own CD – impress your friends ! You do not have to bring an instrument, if this is inconvenient.

[b]WHERE:[/b]
In my studio at my home in Camden Town (10 minutes walk from the Tube).

[b]Profile of Edward Lee[/b]

[b]Qualifications and experience:[/b]
Degree in Music (Oxford) AMus LCM Diploma in Composition

[b]Performance:[/b]
Many years professional playing and teaching experience (guitar, bass guitar, piano, composer/arranger). One album (Open Spaces, Transatlantic Records)

[b]Examiner:[/b]
Formerly External Examiner for University of York and Goldsmiths’ College (University of London) and member of Advisory Panel for Bass Guitar Examinations (Registry of Guitar Tutors), Electric Guitar Examiner (RGT), Examiner for General Panel (classical) of London College of Music; currently member of advisory panel for Acoustic Guitar exams (RGT)

[b]Publications:[/b]
Many books and articles, notably...
[list]
[*]Pop Music in School (Cambridge University Press)
[*]Music of the People (Routledge)
[*]Jazz : An Introduction (Stanmore Press)
[*]Musical London (Omnibus Press)
[/list]
[b]Teacher Training:[/b]
Worked for many years in teacher training, and so very familiar with the needs of school teachers and students. The book Pop Music in School is a set text in many teacher training courses.

[[email protected]][email protected][/email].[/quote]