Why become a member? ×

Hand Made Acoustic Guitars....

I have several acoustic guitars for sale. These instruments are the last few of a limited run.

First of all, some background details. Around 10 years ago, I was living in SE Asia and started a company bringing guitars back to the UK. I am on the move again, so the last ones are now for sale. Once these are gone, that's it. No more! So there is a chance to own a hand made guitar that not many people will know about.

They are all built to my design, but the remaining ones are all Dreadnaughts. They are made by one guy who does everything in his house, So they really are hand made. Not just 'assembled' by hand.

They are all made from solid wood, no laminates. All have spruce tops with mahagony back and sides, bone nut and saddle with maple necks and Rosewood fingerboards. There are abalone inlays on the edging and around the soundhole with subtle abalone inlays along the fingerboard. Bridge pins are ebony.

There are various finishes, some are gloss others are matte. Some are light mahagony, some dark. The dark ones tend to have a dark stained neck, the lighter ones are natural maple colour.

They all come with a hard case. The cases are not brilliant, but they are free..!!

One of these guitars were reviewed in Guitar Magazine in 2003 and got a fantastic response from the reviewer, Jerry Uwins. This was a genuine review, unlike an 'advertising review' that some magazines seem to give. At the time they were selling for £599. The guitar was subsequently voted as one of the top three guitars available for under £1000.

I have never advertised these guitars, they have sold by word of mouth. Several high profile players have used these guitars, including Dave Kelly from the Blues Band, Eric Bibb and local (to me!) bluesman Harry Skinner. They have all bought their guitars, they were not gifts.

So now the important bit! These guitars are now for sale at £250. Less than half the original price.

Collection from Southampton is best. I have never sent one by courier, so don't know the cost. But I would rather you come and play it first anyway. I am happy to travel a reasonable distance to meet you.

I have spoken to the Mod's who have been very helpful in allowing me to advertise these guitars here on BassChat. I am not selling them anywhere else.

There are only 6-8 left, so please contact me if you are interested. Please post any questions on this thread, rather than by PM so that everyone can benefit from your query.

Thanks

Graham

PS. I'm having trouble posting pictures, they will be up as soon as I sort the problem...

Edited by The Saint

I have managed to upload some pictures. The actual guitar is mine, but as I said in my original post they are all slightly different in colour and finish.

If you have any preferences, please let me know and I can send some pics

Edited by The Saint

Hi Mart.

No, they are purely acoustic. The one in the photo is mine so I had the electrics fitted. Pick ups are such a personal thing. Whatever I fitted would only appeal to a small number of buyers so you are free to add whatever electrics you choose. Some prefer under the saddle, others sound hole. You pays yer money.....

Graham