Why become a member? ×

Team Awesome Fuzz Machine settings

plunkrock

I've just picked up a Team Awesome Fuzz Machine from a guy over on talkbass but I'm not sure fuzz is going to work well for the songs I play, HOWEVER, it is an awesome fuzz pedal and I'm giving it a proper whirl at practice tomorrow night and was wondering if anyone has any favourite settings I could try out?

Might be getting punted to get money for an Aguilar Agro if it doesn't work out as that was my initial choice...

Yeah, to be honest the TAFM was an impulse buy, I'm really after a distortion rather than a fuzz right now. The TAFM is the best fuzz I've ever used though, I've been running it with the clean quite high as it seems a little overdriven but it's a waste of it's talents and not really what it's meant for.

Well, back from practice and it was interesting!

First song we played and the TAFM absolutely killed! It was awesome, I was concerned about the style of distortion for the songs but when we all played together it just sat in the mix really well, the bass really cut through.

BUT after playing through a couple of other songs it really stuck out like a sore thumb, the lines that pedal low notes were what I was really worried about and it really didn't sit well for me, the other guys in the band agreed. The guitarist said that hearing the first song we played he didn't know what I was worried about (I had already expressed my concerns about the pedal) but went on to say he really wasn't feeling it for the other songs.

I was really hoping I would be blown away tonight and I'd be keeping the pedal but unfortunately my money is way too tight to keep a pedal for one song (even if it was absolutely perfect for it!), I think I'm going to have to sell this on to get funds for something I can use more often...