Why become a member? ×

Yo what up!!

Carl

[b]Hey all
I`m Carl have just turned 18, and have been thinking bout getting back into learning the bass.I first brought my bass bout a yr or 2 ago have been trying to learn it now and then but couldn`t, either found it to complicated had lack of enthusiasm to learn it or had started learning it and then something else has gotten in the way. :)
But don`t let that put you off getting to know/like me, my idols are Sam Rivers (from Limp Bizkit) the bassist from green day and the basist from Madina Lake.
My favourite bands are Limp Bizkit, killswitch engage, the darkness, status quo, i listen to more bands but they`re my favourite.
Anyways i`ve come on here to try get some confidence and more enthusiasm to learn the bass, and hope to meet some nice respectful people.
Oh btw i tried teaching myself so i think that`s what it was,but am now thinking of getting someone to teach me.

Peace Out!!!

Oh btw loving the forum and bas guitars on here:)[/b]

[b]That`s true, when i first got my bass was freaking excited, used to spend hrs watching kerrang and scuzz just for the bass.And that enthusiasm went down and down each time i tried to play the bass myself.But i beleive that if i do take lessons that`ll stick with the bass and play it, and eventually join a band.
Oh btw thanks for the quick post.:)[/b]

Edited by Carl

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='182025' date='Apr 21 2008, 05:23 PM']Welcome Carl,

Definitely get some lessond. You'll learn so much faster and develop less bad habits.

The quicker you'll learn, the more fun you can have and the greater the chance you'll stick with it.[/quote]
+1 not that I've had any lessons myself - I've just been in bands since I started and that's what's kept me going!
Hi Carl!

nice to see your gunna give it a go mate

im always against lessons, because i think you'll be learning your tutors style rather than developing your own, but hey which ever you do, you'l still be slappin that plank

welcome to the forum :)