Why become a member? ×

Has anyone else got the new grade 8 rockschool book.

Phantomnin

I think the rockschool grades have been a great way for me to learn music (I have done grades1-7 inclusive in the last three years).

I've bought the new sylabus grade 8 book, but for one of the songs 'Nosso Samba' I just can't hear the upper register tapping on the coda of the fulltrack. Is it me? Or is it just mixed really quiet?

Any one with a better ear than me would be a real help.

Thanks

Drew

Oh, and the new sylabus is great and duffs the trinity rocks books out of sight.

Hi Drew,

I wrote all of the copy for the new syllabus of Rockschool books, so am pretty familiar with all of the pieces. The tapping part in 'Nosso Samba' is indeed a little quiet in the mix, but it is there.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new books, I think they contain some really great pieces!

Best,
Stuart

Thanks Stuart,

I was too used to the 'You tube' tastic in your face tapping on 'Sampa Samba' on the old grade 8 book. I guessed that might be the case....need to get better headphones, or the talent to not need to listen to the pieces as a guide when learning it. :)

I think there was a particulalry good piece in the Grade 7 bass book. :). And the copy is far more fun and far more detailed than the old 'Guru Guides'.

Cheers

Drew