Why become a member? ×

both gone

pierreganseman

I like the way that people like to critize.

It's the same nice comment like : "Wal has never done a PJ model"... And too bad Paul Herman says the opposite.

When people as Clarky (very nice gentleman) sell and buy severals Wal basses in a short time it seems nobody cares.
I use to buy from him an Wal Mk2 and I sold it 1 month after and guess what? = from Clarky's opinion it was the best Wal among all the Wals he use to have and he tried to buy it back!!

About my PJ wal , I missed it once at the bass Gallery (very frustrating), I bought it from Pierre (a very fine and nice gentleman and bassist by the way) and now I am not sure to be good enought for this Wal as I don't have enought time to pratice the fretless. Also I have a very good Precision who does 90% of the job. And yes I admit I am a victim of the gear acquisition syndrome as many bassists on this forum and my wallet suffer from it.

I confirm this is my favorite among the Wal I use to have and I don't need 3 years to understand that :)

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1339931205' post='1696350']
he said that the bass had neck dive....

used that bass quite often for 6 month... never had a single prb like that :)

so i don't know :)
[/quote]

Well the Pro headstocks are heavier than the MK1 headstocks. Paired with a lighter wood it can cause neck dive. Also the Schaller tuners are fairly heavy. I read somewhere that Percy Jones also complained about neck dive when Wal made his first bass. After returning that bass to Wal they adjusted it somehow and then gave it back to Percy Jones who was now happy with his Wal.