Why become a member? ×

Any interest in a last minute gig in South London (Gipsy Hill) ?

[al]

Hi fellow chatterers,

my [url="https://www.facebook.com/baronfunkenhausen"]band[/url] were supposed to be playing a two hour gig this Saturday evening at [url="http://www.gipsyhilltavern.com/"]The Gipsy Hill tavern[/url] (located, unsurprisingly, in Gipsy Hill), but earlier this week our drummer was admitted to hospital in a bit of a rush with Ketoacidosis caused by recently acquired (and at that point) undiagnosed type 1 diabetes (!!), fortunately with expert care and attention he's doing OK, but there's obviously no way he's going to be able to play the gig. The guy who deals with the bands at the GHT, Jeremy, is a really nice guy and I'm kinda pained to be letting him down at such short notice, so I'm trying to come up with other bands who might be interested & available to play that I can send his way.

Any one based in the area who might be interested ? Let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Cheers,
Al.

Edited by [al]

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1338488135' post='1675367']
Can't you get a dep drummer?
[/quote]

Yeah, we talked about that yesterday night when we'd heard from our sick drummer, but even if we managed to find a dep we've got no time to get a rehearsal in to see if it's going to work (we're a funk band and there are a lot of stab stops, solos, and to be honest it turns out quite a lot of people in the band [we're 11 people] use the drums for cues), it could very easily be a complete disaster.