Why become a member? ×

ibanez gsr body + fender spec fretless neck?

stelios82k

hello everyone, i have an ibanez gsr190 with wrecked truss rod and a spare fender specs fretless neck.

i would like to ask if it is possible to install the neck on the ibanez body and what are the possible issues that might occur and if are solve-able.

thank you in advance!

It will undoubtedly go but it will need a fair bit of work.
To start with the neck heel and pocket will be of different dimensions, and therefore you will have to make them fit - perhaps by routing out the Ibby pocket to Fender size (also doesn't the Ibby use a screws only neck-bolt design?). Secondly your Ibby uses a 22 fret neck, I doubt your Fender spec neck is a 22 fret one... therefore a bit more carpentry and knowhow will be needed to set the neck in exactly the right place. If you've done this sort of thing before then it will be quite easy, if you are new to it then get someone else to do it for you. It might sound easy enough but one little slip up with say the alignment of the neck pocket and you are screwed.