Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz shuttle 6.0 lack of clean volume. Help, please!

tbonepete

I don't think your getting what we are saying, it should still be very loud even with the input gain right down. As others have said put the gain as low as possible then the input volume up high, maybe 3 or 4 o'clock then adjust the master volume, it should be just as loud as when it's gritty if not its buggered IMO. Don't let one buggered handbag amp sentence you to a life of lifting heavy heads, there really is no need :)

Hi Thanks Pete,
You have pretty much said the same as the online users manual, which incidently is different to the manual got with the amp itself (in the crucial input setting section). This should make sense.
I have just swapped the valve for my spare, and volume is way way louder, so that is one thing I suppose.However, it still isn't the fat clean sound of the LH500 (a bit shouty if I'm honest) and for that reason I'm out! (in a dragons den stylee).
There is much love for the GB heads, and cabs, and rightly so, just not in this case, so its the cupboard I'm afraid :ph34r: , But on a happier note, I shall probably use the bag, as it's a good size for leads, tuner, fast fret etc, so not all bad then.

Thanks again
Cheers Pete