Why become a member? ×

Sennheiser wireless frequencies - expert advice needed!!!

jim_bass

I have 2 Sennheiser EW100 radio mics and 2 x Freeport radio mics that i am trying to run in the channel 70 range.

The 4 recommended frequencies for the EW100 are:

channel 1 - 863.1
channel 2 - 863.5
channel 3 - 864.3
channel 4 - 864.9

The 4 fixed frequencies on the Freeport systems are:

channel 1 - 863.1
channel 2 - 863.7
channel 3 - 864.1
channel 4 - 864.9

I have tried manually tuning the EW100 to the same recommended frequencies as the Freeport to run them all.

i currently have set:

mic 1 (Freeport) - 863.1
mic 2 (EW100 belt pack) - 863.5
mic 3 (Freeport) - 864.3
mic 4 (EW100 handheld) - 864.9

Mics 1, 2 and 3 play nicely but when I turn on mic 4 it get picked up by mic 3's receiver and causes feedback.

My guess is that the EW100's have a wider frequency spread than the Freeports!?! So does anyone know how to calculate a frequency that will be far enough apart and will not go outside of the channel 70 band or interfere????

The frequencies are too close... it won't work. What generation system are the EW100? If they are G3 you can get six frequencies at a push running in the de-regulated band (I'll need to dig out a chart) but if they are G2 or G1 then you're out of luck. you can still run 4 frequencies on de-reg band 70 but that's it. You'll need to re-tune to channel 38 if your kit allows but you'll still need licensing

The EW100's are both G1. They won't run on channel 38 as they are too old I believe.

So am i right in thinking that 4 EW100's will run on channel 70 or 4 freeports will run on channel 70. BUT I can't use a mixture of the 2 and still have 4 mics running?