Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

traded pending Brubaker KXB-6

nobodysprefect

Could be sold as new!

I got this in February and while this is an excellent bass, the MTD I just got is IT for me. I need more MTDs, so I'm making some space. And just how many basses do I need anyways?

Brubakers have some of the best ergonomics around. No neck dive with a nice strap, something I'm particular about. Great tone, esp. for slap, soloing, chording and, in humbucker mode, reggae of all things!

It's kind of what you'd have if Roscoe came in single coil 70's jazz bass variety.

34 5/8" scale, 18,3 mm spacing, flat C neck shape. Maple body, maple neck, maple board. Lots of fundamental, grind and attack, attack, attack! Despite the fast attack, the note doesn't decay too much after the quick transient - the envelope is kind of sort of like Roscoe has, in fact.

Well, I have the 'F' bug. So, asking 2700 pounds, or would trade up to a Fodera or ash-walnut-ash-maple fretted MTD 635.

Trade down into something more mass market is always an option.

Here's Steve Jenkins playing his KXB, his tone is one that this KXB does quite well. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSEhZLpOOD8[/media]

And then there's Malcolm Hall:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUH0OuSCzFM[/media]

Edited by nobody's prefect

Here's what Brad Johnson said about this bass:

Very nice bass. Just an FYI.

Should be 34 5/8" scale unless it was a special order.

The basic electronics package is the Bart NTMB with volume (pull up for passive), balance, bass, treble and push-pull mids (choose between two center frequencies by pulling up the control). The three way toggle chooses between:

1. dual coil bridge and neck
2. dual coil bridge/single coil neck and
3. Single coil bridge and neck.

There's also an internal gain control. The output can be set pretty hot compared to most other basses. You can check it by listening to to volume in active vs. passive mode. If they're close to each other it's set very low, if its way louder in active, its set fairly high. I run mine at about 75% gain for a hot output. I like the attention the massive headroom gets me

Personal note: I checked this bass out before it shipped. The coolest thing about this bass, which is all Maple is that it has stronger low mids than Ash so you can cop Steve's fingerstyle vibe, kick the toggle into dual coil and get in Malcolm Hall's slap zone or sound nothing like either one of them. The all Maple basses combine the aggressiveness of Ash with a more Alder like punch [u]simultaneously[/u] if you want. That's why my main gigging Brubakers have Maple bodies and this electronics package. Put a good set of light gauge stainless steel roundwounds on and watch out. I highly reccommend this bass.

GLWS

[url="http://www.brubakerguitars.com"]www.brubakerguitars.com[/url]
[i]Last edited by Brad Johnson : 05-23-2012 at 08:56 PM. [/i]