Why become a member? ×

CSL IBANEZ FRETLESS VINTAGE JAZZ BASS - 1972

WACOJACO

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Very nice 1972 Fender Jazz Bass copy from the Fuji Gen Ibanez factory in Japan.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]For those who do or do not know, Ibanez Imported guitars to the UK and branded "CSL" by Charles Summerfield Limited based in Saltmeadows Road, Gateshead.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Ibanez factory did not use serial numbers prior to 1975.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This bass has no serial number, is stamped "Made in Japan" on the neckplate and on the neck block is branded 1972. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]It really is in excellent condition considering this. There are a few light surface marks near the body contour on the reverse from years of play, but this really is a great specimen. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The bridge, electronics and tuners are all in excellent condition and sturdy as you like all working as they should- no static to be heard. Tuners are exactly the same as a Fender Jazz. The original jazz pickups are very warm and variation between bridge/neck settings offer a nice smooth or growly tone. [/font][/size][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Standard tone,tone,volume pot controls a la Fender Jazz bass.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Finished in dark stain mahogany and black scratch plate with maple fretboard and black box inlays.[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Just been fitted with new roundwound strings and has been properly set up - plays and sounds great, stays in tune and no fret buzz at all. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]These lawsuit era guitars are well known for excellent build quality and wonderful sound, played alongside my friends Fender Jazz i honestly prefer this beauty. [/font][/size][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]They are very rare to find nowadays and are very sought after- i have even read people's comments on this forum stating they would rescue these guitars before any others in event of a fire and i agree![/font][/size][size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] The solid magogany body brings incredible sustain and the neck is straight and true and plays very nice. I had this de-fretted by Dave Mann of Nottingham who professional luthier and did an excellent job of sanding and re-finishing the fret board and is now an excellent tool for any serious fretless player.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This great bass is for sale @ £400 and is worth every penny [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Pick up preferred but can arrabnge delivery at buyers cost[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]All the best :)[/font][/size]

Edited by WACOJACO

• 2 weeks later...