Why become a member? ×

Aria SB / switch question

Fionn

I'm looking to replace a broken two-way dual sound switch on my Aria SB-900, but not being the most technically minded bassist I just want to check that I'm not barking up the wrong tree before I go and buy something.

This is what I think I need ([b]please[/b] [b]correct me if I'm wrong[/b]) ... [url="http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-shop/guitar-bass-parts/electronics/switches/mini-switch-dpdt-on-on-2-p-4055.html"]http://www.allparts.uk.com/online-shop/guitar-bass-parts/electronics/switches/mini-switch-dpdt-on-on-2-p-4055.html[/url]

Obviously, I need a switch that works, but also, I'm keen on retaining the original aesthetic of the bass, so the switch has to look the same as the one that's coming out. The photo's on that allparts page are a bit blurry and I can't tell whether the visible part of the switch has the square profile of the original (if it isn't, where can I get one?).

Attached are photos of a switch like the one that I need to replace. it has 6 pins on the back.

Advice is appreciated

Ta

[attachment=107484:IMG_0029.JPG]

[attachment=107486:IMG_0031.JPG]

Yep.
Electronically, that Allparts switch is the same as the Aria one.

Mechanically, you might need to fiddle about with the replacement to make it fit in the same space, but you're not going to know that until the replacement switch arrives.
My gut reaction is that it'll be just fine though. :)

HTH