Why become a member? ×

Flite Sound 103W - lightweight three-way cab - £250

Hello folks,

These were all the rage when I ordered mine in 2004 and imported it from the States at a massive cost - if I remember correctly, it cost me about £500 including shipping and taxes which was pretty high for a 10" speaker cabinet at the time considering the exchange rate was much more favourable.

The design is a 3-way one, with a down firing 10" woofer (Eminence Beta), a 6" mid-range speaker and a horn tweeter. The downfiring speaker helps make the cab sound more bassy than you would otherwise expect, and the mid and treble drivers make it suitable for full-range frequency response applications too such as keyboards.

The crossover has attenuators on the front for the tweeter and mid-range speaker to suit your tonal taste. On the back, the jack plate has a 1/4" jack input and a parallel Speakon input to suit whatever amp you choose to pair it with.

The condition of the cab is excellent - I had a padded faux-leather cover custom made by HotCovers as soon as I ordered it, which stays on at all times apart from when it is being played (it has an appropriate cutout on the top for the very comfortable handle). At 27lb, it is an easy lift, and on several occasions I have had friends near enough throw it in the air when picking it up as they weren't expecting it to be so light.

The cab is rated at 250w and has an impedance of 8 ohms. Dimensions 14.5" x 14.5" x 21" including feet and corner protectors.

£250 collected from SE London including the really nice cover. May be able to arrange to meet in the London area.

Pictured with my Yamaha BBT500H amp head which is also for sale here (http://basschat.co.uk/topic/175741-yamaha-bbt500h-amp-head-l150/)

J

Edited by therealting

• 4 weeks later...