Why become a member? ×

Cheltenham Jazz Festival - Marcus Miller

Jabba_the_gut

Just got back (yes, I know it's still early in the evening..) from seeing Marcus Miller at the Cheltenham Jazz Festival.

Never seen him before and jazz isn't completely my bag, but both he and the band were incredible. Met him afterwards when he was signing CDs - really friendly guy as well.

Saw one band on the free stage who were also excellent. Might even head down there tomorrow to see what other bands are playing - well worth a look for anyone local.

J.

I saw this too - brilliant set (not at all a 'greatest hits' set) showcasing the whole band.

The only criticism was that there was a horrible bit of feedback that happened every time the piano was featured.

That being said, I was totally left wanting more (even though the set was 1.5 hours long) and definfitely want to see MM again.

It was the first time I'd been to the Cheltenham festival and found it to be very well organised - the box office couldn't have been more helpful and I'd totally recommend it to anyone who's interested in jazz (even if you're not, the festival is more or less in the middle of town and it's a really nice place)