Why become a member? ×

SOLD ***** Custom Read Purity preamp ***** SOLD

Fran Diaz

If you're reading this you know what we have here, if you don't, do a search on that other forum on the other side of the pond and you'll find out that this is one of the best all tube preamps around, up there with Kern, Aguilar, Alembic and Demeter.

I am the original owner and the unit is in excellent condition (sound & lookwise). Everything is stock.

Main features:
l One rack space high
l All point-to-point hand wiring
l All tube circuitry; not a single solid state component to be found in the signal path
l Nothing but the best components; Sprague Atom electrolytic capacitors, Sprague Orange Drop polypropylene coupling/tone control caps, Auricap
audiophile coupling caps, Vishay metal film resistors
l Jensen transformer balanced DI XLR out
l Jensen transformer balanced/unbalanced 1/4" line out
l 4 band tube driven eq; bass, lo mid, high mid, treble
l Mid Emphasis control alters the overall character of the eq for greater flexibility (I call this the guitar killer)
l Deep switch with indicator LED
l Bright switch with indicator LED
l Mute switch with indicator LED
l Gain control plus master volume
l EQ bypass switch with indicator LED
l Dedicated DI level control
l Effects loop
l Tuner out
l 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes
l Extremely low noise

Included in the price are several spare tubes that I don't longer need when this is gone.

I'm open to trades/partial trades for small amps (Acoustic Image, Genz Benz, MarkBass...)

Selling for 550 euros plus actual shipping (Shipping from Spain and using your chosen method/carrier with full insurance). I can give a quote if you send me your address.

You can check my ebay feedback: "frandiaz". Other references available if needed. :)

Any questions are welcome. :huh:

Edited by Fran Diaz

bump :)

This is a great pre to consider for anyone that wants to hear the real tone of a bass through a pure tube circuit.

The EQ bypass makes it useful for recording of other instruments that need to warm up their tone. I have used it with electric and acoustic guitars with great success.

• 2 months later...