Why become a member? ×

Replacement pre-amp

Bobzilla

If I can't fix my pre-amp myself, it might be quite expensive to get a luthier to do it (unless I can find someone who is good at neat soldering and can do it for me if I tell them what goes where). So, it might be time to look at a new one.

So, what recommendations, and prices.

I want five knobs, just because that is what is standard on the Lyte. I want 3 band. I like the idea of a passive over-ride (if possible, the pickups need power to run). Given that the pickups are powered, I am not sure if I can do 18v (and I don't really want to change the pickups if I can avoid it).

So sell me a replacement. I know that some have gone for the East and the Seymour Duncan. Any others, and anyone know what the benefits are of these two?

Thanks

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1336047802' post='1639982']
Have a butchers at the Aguilar OBP-3
[/quote]

Think i can get that one to work - dual concentric high/low, pull pot for volume/active bypass, single pots for mid, mid frequency and blend.

[quote name='Bobzilla' timestamp='1336046115' post='1639943']
If I can't fix my pre-amp myself, it might be quite expensive to get a luthier to do it (unless I can find someone who is good at neat soldering and can do it for me if I tell them what goes where). So, it might be time to look at a new one.
[/quote]

Assuming it's just wires come off, I'm happy to solder it if you're local to me.