Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Alesis Nanoverb 2

janmaat

So a long time ago I had a Nanoverb which I did like. That was before I picked up bass though, I mainly used it for sitar, and I liked the fact that it gave me a good reverb (plate) and sometimes I used the rotary effect for some spacy "sitar from space" effect. Now I am looking for a reverb, mainly for my fretless playing, and it seems still an interesting option since it could sit neatly under my microbass2 on my rack. Now, there has been an upgrade from Nanoverb to Nanoverb2, the former analog parameter knob has been exchanged for a wheel that lets you switch from one configuration to the other, and apparently, some other things have been improved as well. However, I have not seen a true comparison between the old and the new one, both of them are available in a shop here with the old one obviously a wee bit cheaper. I wonder if anyone has an N2 and could review it? The obvious alternative would be a stomp box reverb... Many thanks for your thoughts.

OK so in the mean time, I had a look at the N2 and a chance to compare to the original.

The new one is a good deal larger (20cm as opposed to 15cm), there is now 24-bit rather than the previous 18-bit, and instead of just one analog knob, there's that wheel with presets.

I got an N2 and it didn't work so I had to return it immediately. I didn't like it either, particularly because of its size (the cool thing about the Nanoverb1 was its tinyness in my opinion).

I am going to get one of these smart little original Nanoverbs, since (a) it's smaller, (B) now cheaper, and (c) it is more intuitive and the analoge knob is cool when changing the speed of effects etc. on the fly in a live situation. That'll do for me, nice little trick box.