Why become a member? ×

Overwater Progress III six-string

Kees_SoS

I had this up a while ago, um'd and ah'd a bit, and have now finally decided to sell.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is a 2006 custom Overwater Progress III Deluxe six-string, which I had built in 2006. I'm selling it for two reasons, namely injury and the fact that the band I used it in folded in 2009. Since then, it's spent most of its time in the case. For those couple of years of use, though, it served me extremely well. The B-string is very tight, thanks to the 35" scale, and is still sufficiently defined when dropped to A with the Hipshot.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is in excellent condition.[/font][/color]

[u]Specs[/u]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=arial][size=3]String spacing: 18mm
Scale length: 35"
Maple neck with rosewood skunk stripes
Fretboard: rosewood
Front of body: cocobolo (bookmatched 'full-over top')
Back of body: mahogany
Machine heads: Gotoh (gold)
Bridge: Overwater
Electronics: Overwater
Pickups: Kent Armstrong
Hipshot Extender Key
Straplocks: Jim Dunlop [/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Photos can be found here:[/font][/color]

[url="http://imageshack.us/g/718/1267433050l.jpg/"]http://imageshack.us...267433050l.jpg/[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I recently contacted Overwater to find out what it would cost to have an equivalent bass built now, and with the various custom options it would be EUR 4336.00 / GBP 3584.00.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm looking for EUR 1800.00. The bass comes with a moulded plastic case. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm based in the Netherlands, although my parents come over regularly and could bring the bass over to England with them if necessary. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Regards,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Kees [/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...

Just to clarify, I'm preferably looking for a straight sale. However, I might be interested in a trade should anyone have an interesting pre-EB MM Sabre (fretted or fretless), MM Cutlass II, or '70s Jazz or Precision (large headstock logo only).

• 3 months later...

This bass is now at Overwater in Carlisle and has been valued and priced at [b]GBP 1595[/b] by Laurence Blackadder. I'm no longer interested in trades, as I'll be putting the proceeds from the sale towards a new custom Overwater.

If you have any questions about the bass, feel free to contact me.