Why become a member? ×

Carl Martin limiter compressor

TurnItUp

Hi all,

sorry to be a pain and leave yet another post regarding compressors. I've had a look all over this site and the internet, being linked to this useful site about compressors: [url="http://www.ovnilab.com/"]http://www.ovnilab.com/[/url], and I was wondering whether anyone has got any experience with Carl Martin gear, r.e. reliability, sound quality etc and more specifically the limiter compressor and its sound quality, limitations and downsides.

Thanks.

I used to own one. I thought it was very good all round, the amount of controls on the pedal is nice but I ended up finding it a bit excessive since I only use a compressor very subtly these days. It's a powerful pedal, you can squash the hell out of your tone with it if needs be! I can't fully recall the sound quality, but from what I remember it was fine; no nasty colouring of your tone.

I don't know if it's still the case, but on my version of the pedal the power supply was built in, which is a complete pain if you're running a pedal board and want to use one power supply for all pedals.

Hi
You might want to talk to Hot Rox in Nottingham. I'm pretty sure they stock CM gear and their prices are v competitive.

You could try before you buy too, or maybe just try.....and buy used elsewhere!

PS. Are you that incredible bass player in that hot new Disco band in Nottingham, called SpanglePants?

Thanks for your posts, I'm just looking for a pedal that gives nice clean tones + as mentioned above and is suitable for disco/funk, so all of the slapping and what-have-you that's associated with it.

I think "incredible" is a bit too far - the disco band's good though, looking for bookings atm if you're interested?

Also, thanks thumbo for the heads up about the built in supply and letting me know about it's power (which isn't always a bad thing).