Why become a member? ×

Fender Aerodyne opinions??

highwayone

[quote name='vax2002' timestamp='1335472511' post='1631902']
Try one standing first and play moving around, they are a bit like ricks, in that that the body contour resembles a kitchen worktop, if your a real skinny guy, they are great, but if you get fed properly, you will miss the smooth cut outs of the precision and jazz basses
[/quote]

+1, I've had two, loved them both but couldn't get on with the lack of forearm contour and had to move them both on.

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1335541947' post='1632955']
+1, I've had two, loved them both but couldn't get on with the lack of forearm contour and had to move them both on.
[/quote]

It's like any Slab bass, they can be very hard to play live, same with Rickenbackers, they are like playing a kitchen worktop and if you only play once or twice a month they are fine, but if you are on the road a lot, you need an instrument that is comfortable to play repetitively, hence you rarely see any touring or show bands with slab basses, they always have a work horse instrument.
Slab basses are nice to own for eye candy, they can be bound for that Rick look, but it horses for courses, look at the working players and there are 4 or 5 stable basses used, the eye candy might go on for one or two numbers, but thats about it.

Edited by vax2002

[quote name='krazy_olie' timestamp='1335541275' post='1632936']
I have a white one

Nice to play, great neck, initially awkward shape but you get used to it. You can get more bass for you money, but can you beat it for looks?
[/quote]

That is pretty. Really, really, really pretty.

I'm a big fan of the all black Aerodyne.

[quote name='krazy_olie' timestamp='1335541275' post='1632936']
I have a white one

Nice to play, great neck, initially awkward shape but you get used to it. You can get more bass for you money, but can you beat it for looks?
[/quote]

That[b] IS [/b]a corker! sell it to me! ;)