Why become a member? ×

celestion substation

thunderider

i got one of these....@8ohm,so if i put this in my amp and my 15 im down to 3.8ish ohms,nice n smokey!!,but at the back of the sub theres several ports some dont seem to work,but the one that i use to plug it in to the amp and one other does,my question is if i plug my 15 in to the 18...the the 18 in to the amp does this still equal 3.8 ohms...or is it different,rather is it safe ??

A quick google reveals that the Substation has a dual coil driver, with 3 input options: direct mono, passive mono and passive stereo.

The first option runs direct and the second goes through a crossover. Both these options are 4 ohm, and should NOT be used with another speaker if your amp has a minimum impedance of 4 ohms. The last option is intended for use with a stereo amp where each coil runs at 8 ohm, 250w RMS. You could run one of these coils in conjunction with another 8 ohm cab, but you'll have to run each cab direct from the amp rather than daisy chaining them.

It doesn't appear these cabs can be daisy chained, but I'd contact celestion to see if they have a manual - rather unhelpfully their website doesn't seem to have any support for discontinued products.

So in short, what you have in mind won't work.