Why become a member? ×

washburn status refinish - 90% finished!

mojobass

thought I'd move the original post i put in the repairs etc section to here!

Basically, I bought a washburn status recently that had been resprayed black! not a erfect job but presentable nevertheless. Anyhow when i got it I could see some 'green' through the worn parts of the black finish in places so i thought... 'I wonder if the original green finish lies beneath?'

Anyhow after a little investigation it appeared that it might be intact underneath!

before:

[attachment=105539:IMGP0018.JPG]

after a little investigation:

[attachment=105540:IMGP0011.JPG]

A little further sanding:
[attachment=105541:IMGP0013.JPG]

after a few hours work:

[attachment=105543:IMGP0021.JPG][attachment=105544:IMGP0026.JPG]

Obviously the gloss laquer has been lost due to the sanding/refinish so i'm left with a 'flat matt' finish at the minute.

Still got a LOT of work to do and aint lookin forward to doing the front but I reckon it'll be worth it in the end!!

Edited by mojobass

well after a few more hours work, used nitro mors - carefully!!! and sanding to reveal the original finish in all its glory!!!...

still got a bit of work to do I need to take care of the black centre section as you can see in the pics, theres black paint and primer still to remove but i got bored!!! will leave that for another day.

Very pleased with how its turned out, think i'll leave it as matt finish and just wax/buff it a few more times!

[attachment=105668:IMGP0033.JPG][attachment=105669:IMGP0034.JPG][attachment=105670:IMGP0036.JPG][attachment=105671:IMGP0037.JPG]