Why become a member? ×

A good rig for EUB or Fretless?

Lowend Stu

[attachment=105489:P1000846_edited.JPG][attachment=105489:P1000846_edited.JPG]I thought this might a good opportunity to show the rig I`m now using, comprising; a EA Micro 550w amp, 2x Hartke HX 112 300w cabs these cabs have both switchable horns and selectable between 4 and 8ohms, they also weigh a meagre 28Ibs each, the sound from this set up is warm ,clear, focused but with a controlled brightness, might be worth trying!

I've got a Markbass LM-II and an EA Wizzy 10, which suits me just fine. I can sling the wizzy on my back, and wheel the bass to gigs. I can get a nice "my bass but louder" tone through it, but tends to need tweaking for the room. Surprising volume, too - can even cope with big band gigs. Would love to give the doubler a go at some point though, it looks like a great little amp.

With gear in general I try to have as little involvement as possible. I like to find a setup (pickup, strings, amp) that works for me and then stick with it. More time to focus on playing, and I'm chronically strapped for cash. Doesn't stop me nosing around a bit and considering alternatives though, I'm only human!

[quote name='Hector' timestamp='1334847920' post='1622304']
With gear in general I try to have as little involvement as possible. I like to find a setup (pickup, strings, amp) that works for me and then stick with it. More time to focus on playing, and I'm chronically strapped for cash. Doesn't stop me nosing around a bit and considering alternatives though, I'm only human!
[/quote]

My view entirely. Doubler + Midget + Full Circle + Spiro Weichs + Armstrong mag p/u for emergencies. All I need now is talent. :D