Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any electronics gurus out there?

Walker

[b]I 'moved' this from the technical forum, probably should have posted it here in the first place. Anyway...[/b]

Hello,
I have a Voodoo Pedal Power 2 and want to run 3 pedals - one with a 300mA draw, one with under a 100mA and another with a 500mA draw.

I use a current doubler cable on ports 5 and 6 to get my 500mA. Could I use a 'tripler' cable (I would need to get one made up) for the 300mA pedal using three the 100mA ports?

Thanks
Chris

Edited by Walker

It sounds as if what you want should be possible but I had a quick look in the Voodoo manual and couldn't find any details of how to wire up such cables.

It's not clear if the device supports simply wiring the various outputs in parallel for more current or if the adapter cables would need diodes to isolate the outputs from each other. Or maybe they already have internal diodes?

Might be worth sending your question to Voodoo Labssupport. looks like they have an active forum at http://www.voodoolab.com/support.htm

Thanks for that - the doubler is parallel... (from the forum) "...our Current Doubler cable is in fact simply connecting two outputs in parallel."

Does that make it any easier to make? I'm clueless about this stuff although trying to learn!

I'll ask the question at tech support too.