Why become a member? ×

PLEASE REMOVE

Skezza

Last night I did a gig using my Markbass CMD102P with a Trace Elliot 1518c compact.
We were in a Marquee using another bands PA which has been set up in situe for the last 4 days. I arrived early to set up.
I had a great on stage sound slightly compressed burpy jazz to pretty thunderous 5 string precision sounds and I was well happy. So off I went to the bar.

When we did the sound check about 90 minutes before going on stage the sound guy had 2 issues:

1 he told me the output from the Markbass was too hot and I would have to back off my onstage volume. I thought line out was a fixed line level and was not affected by the volume on the amps front end.

2 He said I was very toppy with no bottom end. I had wind the blend knob round so I just had a the P pickup on -normally I use both P and J (with more j than P )

I spend hours getting a great sound. Usually the Markbass gives me an awesome sound AND my onstage sound last night was great. I am now concerned that this could be a problem in future as I have only used the Marbass with my Peavey desk (where it has been fine) up until last night.

Could it be anything to do with the pre post eq settings ???

skez

Edited by Skezza