Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Looping in an equaliser

Bobzilla

I currently have a Trace RAH600SMX amp. I love it, and I love the flexibility of the equaliser. However, realistically I have to sell it (and the cabs) and get something smaller. I would love to get a 1210SMX to replace it, but they seem to be a bit rare. If I could find one, great. If not, I have to look elsewhere.

Looking at some Ashdown stuff, and look to do the business. But I like the equaliser on my trace. So... Ahsdown plus external graphic and parametric eq? But how to route it. I was originally thinking that it would go between the amp and the cabs, but then realised that its quite a lot of power I'm putting through it by taking it out after the power stage - the eq usually sits between pre and power. But I can't get it in there if I have integrated pre and power amp. So can I put the eq in before the pre-amp stage? Is the signal strong enough?

HELP!!!!!

Of course, the proper answer is that if I want the trace flexibility and the trace sound, get a trace combo, but what if I can't get one?

I'm experimenting with a Behringer parametric equalizer and an Ashdown MiBass. I can plug it into the input, like an effects pedal, and it works fine. I can also put it in the effects loop (which is between the pre and power) and it works there too.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1334319681' post='1614417']
I'm experimenting with a Behringer parametric equalizer and an Ashdown MiBass. I can plug it into the input, like an effects pedal, and it works fine. I can also put it in the effects loop (which is between the pre and power) and it works there too.
[/quote]

Cool. I'd sooner keep it away from the effects loop as I would want to have a Behringer VBass in the effects loop possibly, to try and mould the sound a bit more, try and mimic the trace sound I want, perhaps.