Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Tone Hammer ***GONE***

Etienne

***TRADED***

Hi everyone,

I acquired this from BC member daveybass last summer (after looking for one for ages), but to be honest, I've rarely used it in that whole time! 9 times out of 10, I use the DI from my G-K head for the gigs I do, which means that this is just sitting in its box. I think it needs a good home where it'll be appreciated and used... :)

It's in very good condition throughout, and works flawlessly. The previous owner had removed the four rubber feet and stuck very strong velcro tape to the underside, but the feet are included if you want to reattach them. As mentioned, it comes boxed, with two Duracell 9V batteries installed to get you started. No instructions included- however, I will include a printed copy of a home-made user's guide (originally published by a member of T**kbass) which has loads of useful info on how the controls work and interact.

I bought it for [b]£110[/b] (inc. postage), and think that it owes me the same... no offers please!

PM me if you're interested, cheers!

Etienne :)

Edited by Etienne

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1336554921' post='1647297']
What is the volume discrepancy like with the AGS curcuit engaged? I love how it sounds but I'm put off by the lack of dedicated volume control for the gain circuit.
[/quote]

The overall level does go up quite a bit when the AGS is kicked in- too much to be able to change between two sounds on a gig. To be honest though, you won't get the best of what the AGS circuit can offer just by switching it in and out using your clean EQ settings. Have a read of this to understand why... :)

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/sansamp-para-driver-vs-aguilar-tone-hammer-755083/#post10678938"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/sansamp-para-driver-vs-aguilar-tone-hammer-755083/#post10678938[/url]

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1336629354' post='1648513']
Thanks for the quick reply, have a bump on me. I was wanting this to A/B against my M-80 but it doesn't sound like it will work in the way I want it to. Does sound incredible though from all the demos I've heard, lemme have a think.

Thanks mate, no problem... :)

[/quote][quote name='danweb22' timestamp='1336641632' post='1648693']
You have a PM
[/quote]

Replied... ;)