Why become a member? ×

Walthari Mittenwald for Sale STRING BASS

cjtuba

For Sale, my beloved Bass. Bought in 1998 and kept by me all this time (1998 - 2008!). It is a really loud plywood bass, repaired years ago and constantly serviced by the UK's leading Bass shop in South London 'Malcolm Healey's of Rose Hill, London.

The Bass is in great condition, although it does sport some repairs from years ago. It has loads of character and has been recently setup, has brand new, yet unplayed 'SPIROCORE' strings on her, comes with a black soft case and a bow plus a F.Simandl excercise handbook for the bass!

I t has the honour of being played in Buckingham Palace on numerous occasions as I served in the Band of the Welsh Guards for 15 years, where she was used for Investitures and State Banquets to name quite a few key 'world stage' engagements actually.

I now have a small family and see her sitting around getting little use. Hence, she's up for sale!

I had the Bass valued as market value by Mr Malcolm Healey soem 10 odd years ago at the price of 1500 quid, her real value is in excess of that and more, the royal connection, little value really.

However this is a lot of bass for little money, owned and service lavished on her for 20 years, what a relationship it's been !

Any questions please ask, emails will be answered, item location for pickup Cannock, West Midlands. Payment by Paypal in advance of pickup please! Viewing on arragement on weekends, when I'm home from abroad. Happy Bidding!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 20-Mar-08 at 20:31:47 GMT, seller added the following information:
Pay instantly with your debit or credit card through PayPal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select a picture
Larger Picture

Learn about eBay counters

Postage and packagingServices available
Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.

Dispatches to
Will arrange for local pickup only (no postage).

Return policyReturn policy not specified.
Read item description for any reference to return policy.

Payment details
Payment method Preferred/Accepted Buyer protection on eBay

Seller Preferred Up to £150 buyer protection available on this item with PayPal. See terms & conditions

Learn about payment methods

Helpful information
eBay recommended services

* PayPal provides protection up to £150 on eBay purchases and up to £500 on items purchased from sellers with good reputations. Click here for details.

HelpTake action on this item
Item title: Walthari Mittenwald ,Double Bass, Plywood Bass

Place a bid
Starting bid: £1,495.00
Your maximum bid: £

(Enter £1,495.00 or more)

Place Bid >
You will confirm in the next step.

Buy It Now
price: £1,695.00
Buy It Now >
You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.
Learn about bidding.

Buy this item now without bidding.
Learn about Buy It Now.

Other options
Back to My eBay | Report this item | Printer Version | Sell one like this