Why become a member? ×

Torque 200w Bass Head for Trade or Sale

I have a this amp head surplus to requirements.
Bought it from Monckyman back last year as a backup amp when two other amps went down, but I've never had to use it after having the others fixed. So I want to pass this on to someone who'll get use out of it!

To save myself the time and effort, I've basically copied his topic from before, including pictures. Condition is exactly the same as this. Hope you don't mind Monckyman!

So...

It sounds suprisingly loud and with a bit of EQ, nice warm tones can be had.
The input has a pad switch to accommodate Active or Passive levels
EQ section is pretty good with pots for:
Bass
Treble
62.5Hz
250Hz
500Hz
2KHz

There is an inbuilt compressor with an on off switch and threshold pot.
Lastly, there are line and d.i out on the front, both on 1/4 jack sockets.

To the rear there are two speaker outs on 1/4 jack, rated at 4 to 16ohms.

Carry handle on the top. I haven`t weighed this but it`s actually very light and I suspect the amp enclosure has more to do with 90s styling than a need for space.

So. This would make a great backup amp, or a decent amp to leave in the rehearsal room.
It's pretty light, pretty loud, looks great.

I'm looking to trade this ideally, and I'm open to offers. A bass? A guitar? Some FX pedals? Hit me up!
Or I'll sell it for £100 firm.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey, I used to have one of these with 2 matching 4x10 cabs!

I remember it was certainly loud and actually had a pleasing sound. The cabs were actually very well constructed and gave huge amounts of bottom end. The head was also of solid construction and never crapped out on me in 3 years of heavy use.

Once again due to the micro-head craze, someone's gonna get a great bargain here. £100 for a good quality, versatile bass amp. Dont let the 200w rating put you off, it certainly utilises each and every one of them!

Truckstop

• 2 weeks later...