Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer StageI 5 String - SOLD

Sibob

I own two Thumbs (04, 05) and the build quality is very good and holds up perfectly well against the earlier guitars in my opinion. I really have little time for the constant muso obsession with age and "mojo". Ever notice how [i]everything[/i] was [i]always[/i] better in the past? I personally think there are three main factors with Warwicks that affect second hand prices.

1. Too many of their models are silly shapes aimed at metalheads. No offense to metalheads, but this has narrowed the brand appeal. They need to ditch some of these silly shapes

2. The current dominant fashion is for the Fender or other classic shapes. Everyone wants a Fender custom or a Sadowsky.

3. The Rockbass entry level line has been pitched too low in the market. It might make them alot of money, but it reflects very poorly on the rest of the lines. Even the "Rockbass" name is cheesy.

Warwick should ditch the "Rockbass" name. They need more mid-priced instruments aside from the Corvette to broaden appeal. They need to keep the emphasis on curvy, natural wood, whilst bringing in some classic designs. The new Starbass is a step in the right direction but it is very expensive. A mid-level Starbass shape would be ideal. They've also picked up an endorsement with Stuart Zender who now plays with Mark Ronson. Not a Ronson fan myself but his current cred may help Warwick loosen the metal tag.....

...anyway it's a stunning bass and well worth the asking price. Good luck with the sale! :)

Edited by rjb

• 2 weeks later...